Monday, May 7, 2012

Things to come...

At the moment I'm working on a pretty big project, redesigning the album cover to Active Child's You Are All I See. I chose this album because I think it's brilliant, but the cover never really lived up to how amazing the sounds are that he produces:


So here are some developmental images for the direction I'm heading for my redesign. I'm using images to do with blindness, colour blindness and sign language. Different means of communicating. The idea is to make it simple and beautiful, and still have some sort of emotional resonance. 

My initial moodboards:




I've been playing around with a lot of images I've been finding in eighties sign language teaching books:





So here are my initial attempts. Right now it's seeming the final version will have an outer black and white sleeve with braille, and the inner sleeve a burst of colour with the colour blindness tests and sign language imagery all tied together.





x







No comments:

Post a Comment